Friday, September 18, 2009

UP...

Hey there people,

A few days ago, after school (more like during), a few of my classmates and I made a trip to KLCC to watch a movie, and (thanks captain obvious) turned out to be UP. I've heard and read a little about UP before, a married church go-er whom I am acquainted with, share something with us about her devoted husband who gave up as much as he could to be there for his family, his job, his time, ever since schooling days till the time they had their first child. All for the love of his wife and kids. And she mentioned that he was always trying to help her achieve her dream, UP made her realise that and like Elle, her dream was to be with him and she wanted him to start his own adventure.



So, that was what was driving me to watch UP so much and I finally managed to after about a month of waiting. I've asked the ex, before we broke up to lend me the CD and if possible watch it with me......the day never came...... (sigh...)

Anyway, I watched the show none the less. Though not with the company I expected, but it was good. And close to the ending, it was there, the part that I was looking forward to (I didn't know what it was at the time), when the Carl opened Elle's adventure book and saw pictures of him and his wife there throughout their marriage and life. The most touching part was the few words she had there for him after all those memorable pictures, "I've had my adventure, now go get a new one" (not sure of the exact words, if I recall, this is what it said la). Go get a new adventure of your own.



Almost cried then, even after the show I almost broke down. But like Eric (Takashi) says, time to move on. Time to get myself a new adventure. Worth while movie... Really touching....

Lover Boi

No comments:

Post a Comment