Friday, May 22, 2009

A functioning relationship

Well, its been 3 months and 19 days since the BF ans I have been together. Still holding on to each other and still facing the world and all its challenges.

For the past few weeks, ever since the 'Bay incident' ( Oh... I never told you guys about the Bay incident... I will k.. soon.. ) , the relationship has been a real roller coaster, full of drama and heart pounding incidents of the happy and also sad types. Well, wasn't the easiest time for us also. I was getting pissed very often, very much like how the BF was initially in the beginning of the relationship... So many things that he does just seem to tick me off, sometimes just because he didn't meet my expectations. Other times, because he says the wrong thing at the wrong time, maybe the fight wouldn't have happened if I handled the situation better. Just maybe.

The only thing we haven't done is hit each other, we've shouted, argued, walked away, broke up a few times (he asked for the breakups, not me, but then he never meant it la), made a scene in public twice. I asked myself why is it that I am so angry at him, was it that the incidents and the mistrust had some psychological effect on me. But then when I look into his eyes, at his face, it just gives me that reassurance that everything is going to be ok. I feel so much at ease with him. That sweet face and that silly smile, those eyes that seem to look straight into my soul. I love looking at his face for that reason, just that quiet moment, staring at each other, ( he doesn't know how to appreciate moments like those) reminding me of how much he means to me, how much I want to be with him... How much I love him...

Maybe we have our fights very often, we both show our colours sometimes, but then to know that we love each other so much, despite all that happened. The fact the he still holds my hand, and I hold him after all that big fights, all that serious talk, those false alarm breakups. I dare say, that our relationship is going well and functioning at its best. We love each other... My silly monkey... I love you..

Lover Boy
Dedicated to the silly monkey boy...

No comments:

Post a Comment