Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A Relationship eh?

I need to start shortening the intros. So that the posting will be short as well. Hope you guys understand.

I was having a little disagreement with my friend, D, the other day while we were chatting. He was telling me how he was in a relationship with this other guy, but then sleeping with other guys as and when he wants to. (they agreed in an 'open relationship' of some sort) Yes, he told me he loved his Bf.

This was so disturbing to me. Why would a person who was deeply in love with another, go have one of the most precious experiences that 2 people could have, with any (quote from P) Tom, Dick and Harry that he feels like sleeping with? Doesn't that in a sense, defeat the purpose of actually having a relationship to begin with? The reply I received was, 'you still young and fresh, you don't understand'

Maybe I don't, but there must be some lines in a relationship. What is a relationship if you're allowed to cheat? To sleep with any guy you feel like sleeping with? In my personal opinion, a relationship is something 2 individuals get into with each other, and put everything they can into that relationship. It is a process of giving and giving and giving, all while loving the other person, selflessly and sincerely. These 2 people, adjust their lifestyles, change a little, making a few adjustments here and there, setting priorities, so that the other can fit into each others lives. All this being done willingly, without being told to do so, in other words, being aware of your partner's consciousness and presence - Sharing The Heart and Mind Of Your Partner.
Taking each other as an end, and not as a means. Now, this is something I call a relationship.

Perhaps some of you may have something to add into this... Do feel free to share, and those of you who are interested in topics such as these, please do add yourselves as followers of my blog. Thanks...

Lover Boy

No comments:

Post a Comment